Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Tryst with Steve Trewitt


This is Steve. Steve works as a bartender at Tryst in Adams Morgan, one my favorite cafe/bars to hang out in for some good food, jazz, and peoples. He has lots of sweet tattoos that I could not capture on my silly camera in the shady lighting of a bar. However, we work with what we got, right? I chose a willow tree on his right forearm:



While this picture gives it no justice, I love this tattoo because it looks very personalized and unique. Steve got this at Tattoo Paradise in Adams Morgan about three years ago. He has lived between DC and Colorado and this tree served as a "DC reminder" for him while he was out west. It is a sketch of an actual tree that used to be on the corner of Willard and 18th. It's a very original piece of art, and I really like the idea of treasuring such an interesting landmark as a reminder of home.
ps - Steve, send me another pic if you have one so we can show how awesome it really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment